Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dream Big and Then You'll End Up in the Stars or Whatever.

I have a few dreams these days. I would like to find a new job, with weekends off. I would like to move into a little place of my own that I can make adorable. I would like to buy a few dresses and ride my bike around town. And if I get all this maybe I'll get a little doggy, or big doggy and then I'll have a little buddy.

So far though all of these have been very difficult, because they all depend on the first...new job. I'll do anything...mostly anything that has a regular schedule. I have a college degree for crying out loud! Does this mean anything anymore? Maybe my dreams are just too big...or maybe they are just around the corner.


I hope so...and then maybe someday I can dream of houses with porch swings and a husband to drink iced teas with. So far I guess these are my plans.

But...

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11


Are these the plans that you have for me Lord? Or do you have other plans? Are you calling me to something more than dogs and bikes and being a girl? Am I holy enough to accept your calling on my heart? Or does this heart, and the desires of this heart need a little work? 





"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

Jesus, form my desires, so that it is not my desire instead of Your will. Come clean house in this heart of mine before you give me the desires of my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment